Monday, August 10, 2009

The Pill Generation (43)

From The Book Of Marius

As I was walking from The Edge (a trendy but silly pub near my house) counting the money I managed to bamboozle outta some taiwanese birds, I thought that what comes around goes around.

Or the other way around.

Anyways, I planned to go to bed on an empty stomach. You know, as you get older, you stop doing a lot of stuff. I stopped eating dinner a few years ago and now not only do I have an onset of scurvy, but I look like a rejected American Apparel model.

But it's alright, I look magnificent in speedos. Heck, Alton Towers will make an exception if I use one.

But I digress.

The smell of ginger and soy sauce lingered. I saw some chinese dudes having a small gathering in a kitchenette. They were playing Texas Hold 'em, the game where I just dominated.

Should I push my luck? Or should I go home?

Fuck it. I knocked on the window and parlayed my way inside. A dude in a wifebeater offers me a Tuborg and I gladly accept it. Another one is passing a tray of octopus in oyster sauce and I take a few bits. I always carry toothpicks, so with a few cheese cubes and olives, I manage to make some pinchos.

The chinese guys seem to be entertained by this and I explain them how to make them. Soon they are making different pinchos.

I don't want to take my chances (besides, they were nice enough to give me free food), so I keep the game civil (i.e. no bets) and we laughed for a while.

It was around 3 AM that we decided to change the game to Three Card Brag. Y'know the rules. Then it got bad.

I always thought that I'd die in a car accident. This was the traditional method of decease in my family, but then again, no-one in my family played Three Card Brag with The Triads...

TO BE CONTINUED.


No comments: